Hello I am Jean Coles and I am running for Ward 1 Councillor in Middlesex Centre this October. I am a long-term resident of Ilderton, a business owner and professor at Fanshawe College. I am married to an amazing man and have two great kids who attend Oxbow and Medway.
I am also a community supporter and have been involved in our Ward 1 in various ways over the years:
- On the Board of the Ilderton and Area Business Association – helping with the Ilderton Farmers Market and the Young Entrepreneurs Table
- On the Board of Community Futures Middlesex
- The Oxbow Public School Hot Lunch Coordinator
- Part of the Oxbow PS Home and School Association for over 10 years
- Business Sponsor of Ilderton Hockey & Soccer
- Past member of the Optimist Club of Ilderton
- Past Leader of Girl Guides of Canada – Ilderton Branch
By being elected as your next Ward 1 Councillor, I know I can get more done and use my MBA knowledge to better our community. I have a strong desire to contribute more to our community and I have been working to build a stronger, more connected and resilient community. If elected, I would be humbled to serve as your Ward 1 Councillor.
As a proud resident of Ilderton and active community member, I have heard concerns and I commit to working on the following:
- Ensuring housing policies promote affordable dwellings so our young people can come back to our communities.
- Supporting access and improvements to services like walking paths, community centres and arenas, parks, roads, libraries, recycling and green bins, drainage and sewers, water, snow removal and road maintenance.
- Traffic calming measures, walkways connecting neighbourhoods, crosswalks and sidewalks for safety. High Speed internet access for all.
- Policies and opportunities in place to encourage economic development to bring young people back to our communities.
I'm here to listen to your concerns and help make our Neighbourhood's better.
I want to hear more about what matters to you and your family and hear your feedback on the issues that matter to you. Please reach out so we can chat and I can learn more about your concerns and ideas on how to make our community stronger.
Contact Jean here:
PO Box 678 Ilderton ON N0M2A0